The misson of the Community Response Task Force is:
- To provide a continuing platform to facilitate collaboration between partners with the desire or duty to provide services/relief to disaster victims.
- To provide information to members regarding State/Local assistance or support for provision of disaster relief.
- To act as an information and guidance resource for disaster victims through the groups membership.
- To develop planning, human and material resources to reasonably prepare to provide basic short term refuge and long term sheltering for persons displaced by natural or manmade disasters.
- To develop planning, human and material resources to reasonably prepare to provide basic support to persons in need of assistance as a result of natural or manmade disasters.
- To educate area residents on prudent measures they can utilize to minimize the risks associated with man-made or natural disasters.
- To assist in coordinating disaster donation management.
- To promote mitigation efforts that would reduce the need for sheltering.